Code - 87
Scholarship funding for UCT MASTERS' students, 2023 -2024
The University of Cape Town (UCT), the African hub of TRAJECTS, is offering 4 scholarships for students already accepted into any UCT Master’s program with a just energy, climate, or sustainability transition angle. (See www.trajects.org for more description of TRAJECTS objectives and Topics).
During the course of their studies, scholarship recipients will be required to answer one (or more) questions from the TRAJECTS research ‘pool’, acquire new skills, and will benefit from exchange with other consortium partners, researchers and different stakeholders qualifying graduates for the local and international employment market. The research topic must be relevant to TRAJECTS’ main objectives and research topics, namely climate change mitigation in the context of either:
- Fossil fuel phase-out; and/or
- Changes in land management and ecosystem protection.
- English language proficiency
- Last degree certificate must not be older than six years when applying for the scholarship
- Acceptance into a Master program at UCT for 2023
- Must be newly enrolled at the beginning of the funding period
- Funding shall be granted to awardees for a maximum of 4 semesters, up to the end of the stipend period, subject to annual review of progress and performance.
Exceptions to criteria 4 and 5 above may be considered in exceptional cases, at the discretion of the TRAJECTS Scholarship Committee
Required documents for application
To be submitted in English, upon completion of the application form:
- CV (up to 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (up to 2 pages) including research interests and professional plans relevant to TRAJECTS
- Academic recommendation letter
- NB! Proof of acceptance or enrolment into a suitable Masters programme at UCT
- Proof of previous completed studies (transcript or copy of certificate)
* Additional documents, where applicable:
- Other certificates (e.g. relevant work experience, training, internships, etc.)
- Self-declaration as member of an underrepresented group
- Proof of financial need
- Proof of English literacy skills