Code - 85
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTER IN ENVIRONMENTAL AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES - UNAL BOGOTÁ, 2023 - 2024
To provide financial support of EU500 per month to two (2) students recently admitted or in their first semester in the Master's program in Environment and Development of the Institute of Environmental Studies - IDEA, at the National University of Colombia, Bogotá, to develop their studies and research project on just transitions in energy, climate or towards sustainability in the global south.
Download the complete call for applications (Convocatoria Maestría TRAJECTS UNAL 2023 - 2024) in the "files" section for an overview of the application process, eligibility criteria and additional information.
To participate in the selection process, interested parties must meet the following requirements completely and within the deadlines stipulated in this call for applications:
- Fill out the application form on the TRAJECTS Center website and upload all the requested documents.
- Have completed undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Be admitted or be an active first-semester student of the Master in Environment and Development at IDEA in Bogota (Exceptional cases of funding may be considered for students who are in the 2nd semester or higher at the beginning of the funding period: Subject to the decision of the scholarship committee).
- Have interest and/or experience in the topics related to the TRAJECTS project.
- Develop their master's thesis on the topics relevant to TRAJECTS: climate change mitigation and transition to sustainability.
- Abide by the statutes and regulations of the institution that will provide the stimulus (DAAD and TRAJECTS).
- Be available to attend events, conferences, and courses organized by TRAJECTS during their scholarship.
Required documents for application
The following documents must be attached to the application form on the TRAJECTS website. Shortlisted candidates will be notified to provide additional documents via email
- CV in PDF (max.2 pages).
- Motivation letter (max.2 pages) including research interests within the master's program and career plans in relation to the topics relevant to TRAJECTS.
- Letter of academic recommendation.
- Document showing acceptance or enrollment as a Master's student in environment and development or a supporting document (Registration or academic history from SIA).
- Undergraduate diploma or degree certificate.
- If applicable: Self-declaration (proof if possible) as a member of a marginalized or minority group.
- If applicable: Self-declaration and proof of economic need (Certificate of residence issued by the mayor's office to verify strata, Sisbén card, income statement, or other evidentiary certificate).
- If applicable: Research proposal to be developed (for students in their second semester of master's degree).
- Proficiency test in English (desirable for students in their second semester of master's degree who wish to apply).